1. What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- what information we might collect about you
- how we might use that information
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we might share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by Ranking Masters, part of Juulr B.V.
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
3. How does Ranking Masters protect my personal information?
We’re strongly committed to keep your information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We also look after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, please get in touch with Ranking Masters straight away.
Where we store your information:
Some companies that provide services to us run their services from outside the European Economic Area. We only let this happen if we are satisfied with their levels of security. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be be transferred, stored or processed in a location outside the EU.
4. What types of personal information does Ranking Masters collect about me?
We’ll give details about why we need your personal information and how we’ll use it before you begin unless it’s obvious.
- Information that you give us
We might ask for your name and contact details, your date of birth or financial details, depending on what you’re doing. If you apply to take part in a programm we might ask you about your opinions.
- Device information
Devices are lots of things like:
- your computer
- your mobile
- your TV
- your tablet
- your voice-enabled device
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you’re not actively visiting the Ranking Masters website. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- device ID
- app ID
- vendor ID
- Information on your activities outside Ranking Masters when you mention us
Like if you’ve mentioned us in a Twitter post, we’ll collect your Twitter handle.
What if I have a Ranking Masters account?
When you register for a Ranking Masters account, or update your details or settings, we ask for some personal information, like your email address and day of birth.
We also collect information about how you use our services, like the articles you read.
5. How long will Ranking Masters store my personal information?
When you give us any personal information we’ll let you know how long we’ll hold it for. And always stick to these principles:
- we only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to store it
- we think about what type of information it is, the amount of data collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
- we design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
6. How can Ranking Masters use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
- the law states it’s fine to use it, and
- it fits your personal rights
We use your information for these types of things:
- to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- to deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
- to personalize services and give you things more tailored to your tastes
Personalization is turned on in your account settings.
If you don’t want to receive personalized services you can turn this option off.
Even if you have personalization turned off, we still collect information about how you use Ranking Masters, but it will be anonymous. For example, we’d be able to see that someone looked at a particular article on Ranking Masters but we will not be able to determine that it was you.
- to show you relevant advertising on another company’s site
- to help us understand what kind of services you might use
And sometimes how you might share things with other people.
- to recommend things we think might interest you
- to show you advertising when you access rankingmasters.nl
Some of this advertising might be tailored to you.
- to research and innovate
You’re not a guinea-pig here, but knowing how you use our services could lead to the next big technology breakthrough.
- to contact you about various things
7. When will Ranking Masters use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- to check with you about any service or activity you’ve signed up for, for example we might tell you if your Ranking Masters account hasn’t been used in a long time
- to contact you about a creation you sent us, like things you’ve sent in to our Ranking Masters support or sales team
- to answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- to invite you to take part in surveys about the Ranking Masters services, which are always voluntary
- for marketing purposes
- to send you notification on your device if you’ve selected them in your settings
We’ll only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given us permission.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We’ll only send you marketing emails or contact you about Ranking Masters campaigns, services and your views on articles about Ranking Masters if you’ve agreed to this.
Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe yourself from our mailinglist, we may still contact you.
Will my personal information be used when the Ranking Masters advertises with other companies?
If you have a Ranking Masters account we might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and “targeted advertising” through other companies’ sites, like Facebook, Instagram and partner websites like Juulr.com. This might be showing you a Ranking Masters advertising message where we know you have a Ranking Masters account and have used Ranking Masters services.
If you don’t want to see our targeted advertising, you can set ad preferences in your social media companies’ settings. You can turn off personalization here.
9. When does Ranking Masters share my personal information with others?
We’ll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
- When you make something public
Like posting a public comment.
- When we use other companies to power our services
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you’re using our website and services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
- When we share personal information with companies within the Juulr family, for example our partners that make use of our platform or software under a different name, company name and/or domain name.
- When we do collaborative research
We do research activities and sometimes collaborate with research partners. Every now and then we share our data with them. This might include information we’ve collected about you. But we’re careful about what we share and what our research partners can do with it.
- Sometimes by law, we have to pass on your information to other organizations
We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
10. Can I delete my information?
This depends on what information you’re talking about.
- If you’re talking about your contact details
You can delete your account. Your personal account information is immediately deleted. Keep in mind:
- we keep a record of how you’ve used our services, but this information can’t be linked back to you
- we also store everything you’ve uploaded to Ranking Masters or commented on outside the Ranking Masters website
- What about other information I’ve shared with you?
We might have collected other personal information that you might ask to be deleted that has nothing to do with Ranking Masters.
11. What are my rights?
Remember, you’re in control of your personal information and data.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of your information
- not let robots make big decisions about you
- to ask us to correct information that’s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
- to change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. For example, unsubscribing from any marketing emails or turning off personalization
Bear in mind, sometimes we might not be able to help. Like if the law tells us we can’t.
- What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are bits of data which are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or app.
There are also similar pieces of tracking information we collect.
To do a few different things:
- to remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again
- to help us understand how people are using our services, so we can improve them
- to deliver advertising to websites in the Netherlands and other countries of it
- to help us personalize Ranking Masters to you by remembering your preferences and settings.
- to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
A few things on our websites wouldn’t work without some cookies. Tech people call these “strictly necessary cookies”. They’re always on when you visit us.
But we want to use others like functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. We’ll only use them if you’ve agreed. You can always change your mind.
Bear in mind there are some other cookies out there from other companies. These “third-party cookies” might track how you use different websites, including ours. For example, you might get a social media company’s cookie when you see the option to share something. You can turn them off, but not through us.
- How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so they’re there when you come back.
- How do I control my cookies and tracking?
When you first visit us, we’ll tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind by going to your settings.
Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some Ranking Masters services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
13. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we’ll let you know. It might be a notice, an email, or a message in your app.
If you don’t agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services, delete your personal info and stop giving us any more personal information. We’d be sorry to see you go.
14. How can I unsubscribe from the maillinglist?
You can unsubscribe by easily clicking this link if you’re still receiving any mail after following the steps below please contact us.
15. How can I contact Ranking Masters?
Find out more and contact us about your rights.
For any other questions or comments about this policy speak to our Ranking Masters Team. If you’re in the Netherlands:
- by email: email@example.com
- by mail: Juulr B.V., Hendrik Figeeweg 3F, 2031BJ, Haarlem Area, the Netherlands
If you’re outside the Netherlands:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail: Juulr B.V., Hendrik Figeeweg 3F, 2031BJ, Haarlem Area, the Netherlands
This document was last updated on November 2nd, 2018